[Debate] (Fwd) 100, 000 new Anonymous protesters added to the cadreship each year!

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 16:41:10 BST 2011

The Anonymous may be regarded as a virtual version of the "Combat Organization."

<http://www.marxists.org/archive/trotsky/1909/xx/tia09.htm>
Leon Trotsky
The Bankruptcy of Individual Terrorism
(1909)

. . . . .

Before the very idea of destroying absolutism by mechanical means
could acquire popularity, the state apparatus had to be seen as a
purely external organ of coercion, having no roots in the social
organisation itself. And this is precisely how the Russian autocracy
appeared to the revolutionary intelligentsia.

. . . . .

Whereas in the older bourgeois societies of Europe revolutionary ideas
developed more or less parallel with the development of the broad
revolutionary forces, in Russia the intelligentsia gained access to
the ready-made cultural and political ideas of the West and had their
thinking revolutionised before the economic development of the country
had given birth to serious revolutionary classes from which they could
get support.

. . . . .

Under these conditions, nothing remained for the intelligentsia but to
multiply their revolutionary enthusiasm by the explosive force of
nitro-glycerin. So arose the classical terrorism of Narodnaya Volya.

The terror of the Social Revolutionaries was by and large a product of
those same historical factors: the “self-sufficient”despotism of the
Russian state, on the one hand, and the “self-sufficient”Russian
revolutionary intelligentsia on the other.

. . . . .

Of course, one can easily collect a dozen odd quotations from Social
Revolutionary literature stating that they pose terror not instead of
the mass struggle but together with it. But these quotations bear
witness only to the struggle the ideologists of terror have had to
conduct against the Marxists – the theoreticians of mass struggle.

But this does not change matters. By its very essence terrorist work
demands such concentrated energy for “the great moment,” such an
overestimation of the significance of individual heroism, and finally,
such a “hermetic” conspiracy, that – if not logically, then
psychologically – it totally excludes agitational and organisational
work among the masses.

For terrorists, in the entire field of politics there exist only two
central focuses: the government and the Combat Organisation.

. . . . .

Engendered by the absence of a revolutionary class, regenerated later
by a lack of confidence in the revolutionary masses, terrorism can
maintain itself only by exploiting the weakness and disorganisation of
the masses, minimising their conquests, and exaggerating their
defeats.

. . . . .

And no matter what sort of subordinate role terror is relegated to by
the “synthetic” theoreticians of the party, it always occupies a
special place of honour in fact. And the Combat Organisation, which
the official party hierarchy places under the Central Committee,
inevitably turns out to be above it, above the party and all its work
– until cruel fate places it under the police department.

And that is precisely why the collapse of the Combat Organisation as a
result of a police conspiracy inevitably means the political collapse
of the party as well.

--
Yoshie Furuhashi
<http://mrzine.org/>