[DEBATE] : (Fwd) Cosatu crits WSF for Morocco venue
p.waterman at inter.nl.net
Wed Mar 25 09:31:51 GMT 2009
Thank you for explaining to us dummies - by tautology - the intended
meaning of a slogan or mantra of the hegemonic tripartite coalition in SAf.
In the spirit of Marx ('Criticise Everything') however, does it not
behove us to judge discourse against structures and processes - not to
speak of employment, Mercedes ownership, wealth distribution, handling
of AIDS, and class relations?
What appears to me to be actually happening in South Africa is a
National Liberal Democratic Revolution, although, evidently, of a
'special type'. One of its special characteristics might require Neo-
before Liberal. The other is 'Reform', or even 'Process', in place of
Constant repetition of this last word, 15 years after the event (50 in
the case of Cuba), only robs 'Revolution' of any commonsense or
theoretical meaning, making it, in practice, whatever the President,
vanguard party or tripartite alliance wants to justify today (even if
this represents a turning upside down (revolution?) compared with what
was said yesterday.
Dominic Tweedie wrote:
> What we are going through is called a National Democratic Revolution.
> It means that we are creating a national democracy
* 'Needed: A Global Labour Charter Movement', ESF Malmo Update: http://www.netzwerkit.de/projekte/waterman/gc
* 'Challenging Empires: The World Social Forum. (2nd Edition, 488 pp). Ordering: http://www.blackrosebooks.net/wsf.htm
* 'Back in the (Ex-) USSR': http://zope2.netzwerkit.de/RusRepLatest.pdf
* 'Recovering Internationalism; Creating New Global Solidarity', http://www.choike.org/nuevo_eng/informes/6439.html
* 'Prague 1968: "Workers of the World, Forgive Me!"', http://www.tni.org/archives/waterman/prague1968.pdf
* 'A Union Internationalism for the 21stC', http://www.plutobooks.com/cgi-local/nplutobrows.pl?chkisbn=9780745327563
* 'International Labour Studies in the UK’, in "Work Organisation Labour and Globalisation", Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 180-200. http://www.analyticapublications.co.uk/
More information about the Debate-list